Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Where I am From

I am from the banks of Lake Erie, from Chevy trucks and latex free gloves.
I am from the ranches with two car garages on the acre of land and the neighborhood corner. 
I am from the Iris , the petunia that vines over the pot
I am from Christmas morning traditions and puppy love, from Ty Miller and Jack Morgan.
I am from the determination and drive.
From divorce and love.
I am from Jesus Christ and I am Lutheran.
I'm from Temperance, Mi but was born in Toledo, Oh, Brats and cheeseburgers.
From the good food while visiting Grandmas, the stomach ache that I always got, and the crafts that we did together. And the time I spend when back home making sure to stop by Gramps for a bit.
I am from photo albums not yet put together and bins with childhood mementos.

No comments:

Post a Comment